Starts at $49.95 for one-year subscription for one user
James McCarten, Editor
Available in English
All the advice on writing and editing in The Canadian Press Stylebook print edition is also available as a web-based, fully searchable version via a password-protected account. The Online Stylebook is for users who:
- Prefer using a search engine to quickly find what’s needed, instead of thumbing through an index?
- Prefer to create an online, searchable archive of their own notes, examples, style entries and hard-to-spell words, instead of writing in the margins or attaching sticky notes.
Online Stylebook subscribers benefit from:
- The convenience of using their writing style guide wherever they have internet access.
- The speed of real-time email alerts when our stylebooks editor adds or updates style entries.
No more waiting for the next edition to be printed!
- The flexibility of using search tools or browsing by popular topics or chapter.
- The power of searching a database of FAQs from other users, answered by our stylebooks editor.
Order now via this page or contact our books department
The Canadian Press Online Stylebook contains writing style guidelines from Canada’s national news agency so you can follow the same standards used by media and communications professionals nationwide.
It provides practical answers on writing cleanly, accurately and concisely, including:
- Easy-to-follow guidelines on capitalization, punctuation and abbreviations.
- Advice on how to write with style and colour, as well as good taste.
- Listings and spellings on countries and cities around the world.
- A chapter on writing for and about the internet.
- Tips for journalists, including reporting, handling breaking news and interviewing techniques.
- Tips for broadcasters, including handling audio, video, reading the news and writing for broadcast, as well as a comprehensive guide to hard-to-pronounce Canadian places.
- Tips for PR professionals, including writing press releases, holding conferences and working with the media.
This page is for ordering a one-year renewable subscription to the Online Stylebook ($49.95 for one user). Or go to the Online Stylebook and Caps and Spelling Bundle to order two books ($76.50 for one user).
Get started today in three easy steps:
- Place your order: Use our shopping cart to select your desired number of user accounts.
- Activate your account: An email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to you. Follow the link in the email to the account activation page. Choose your username and password, accept the terms and click the “activate your account” button.
- Use your account immediately: After activation, you are logged in and can use your account!
Can I order for multiple users in my organization?
- Yes! A “site licence” gives two to 1,000 users access to the Online Stylebook.
- With a site licence, one “editor” account is provided in addition to each user getting “individual” accounts.
- Notes, examples and style rules added by you in the “editor” account are also visible in the individual accounts of all your users. Whereas anything added in “individual” accounts are not visible by others.