Guide de rédaction online
Starts at $49.95 for one-year subscription for one user
Available in French
For the first time, our French-language stylebook is available as a web-based, fully searchable version via a password-protected account. The Online Stylebook is for users who:
- Prefer using a search engine to quickly find what’s needed, instead of thumbing through an index?
- Prefer to create an online, searchable archive of their own notes, examples, style entries and hard-to-spell words, instead of writing in the margins or attaching sticky notes.
Online Stylebook subscribers benefit from:
- The convenience of using their writing style guide wherever they have internet access.
- The speed of real-time email alerts when our stylebooks editor adds or updates style entries.
No more waiting for the next edition to be printed!
- The flexibility of using search tools or browsing by popular topics or chapter.
- The power of searching a database of FAQs from other users, answered by our stylebooks editor.
Order now via this page or contact our books department
The Canadian Press Online Stylebook contains writing style guidelines from Canada’s national news agency so you can follow the same standards used by media and communications professionals nationwide.
It provides practical answers on writing cleanly, accurately and concisely, including:
- Easy-to-follow rules on capitalization, punctuation, and abbreviations.
- Tips for writing with style and originality.
- New tips for inclusive writing.
- A new chapter dedicated to the coverage of Indigenous communities.
- Advice on how to write for digital platforms.
- A guide to good practice for journalists.
This page is for ordering a one-year renewable subscription to the French language Guide de rédaction online Stylebook ($49.95 for one user). Or go to the Online Stylebook to order the English language version.
Get started today in three easy steps:
- Place your order: Use our shopping cart to select your desired number of user accounts.
- Activate your account: An email from email@example.com will be sent to you. Follow the link in the email to the account activation page. Choose your username and password, accept the terms and click the “activate your account” button.
- Use your account immediately: After activation, you are logged in and can use your account!
Can I order for multiple users in my organization?
- Yes! A “site licence” gives two to 1,000 users access to the Online Stylebook.
- With a site licence, one “editor” account is provided in addition to each user getting “individual” accounts.
- Notes, examples and style rules added by you in the “editor” account are also visible in the individual accounts of all your users. Whereas anything added in “individual” accounts are not visible by others.