The Canadian Press Stylebook – 19th edition
$39.50 | 19th edition | October 2021
James McCarten, Editor | ISBN 9780920009604
Available in English
For a down-to-earth writing style guide from Canada’s national news agency, turn to The Canadian Press Stylebook to follow the same standards used by media and communications professionals across the country. It’s the one-stop reference book used by anyone looking for practical strategies for clean, accurate and concise writing, including:
- Corporate communicators
- Teachers and students
- Public relations writers
- Website producers
- Magazine writers and editors
A Canadian bestseller that includes:
- Easy-to-follow guidelines on capitalization, punctuation and abbreviations.
- Advice on how to write with style and colour, as well as good taste.
- Listings and spellings on countries and cities around the world.
- A chapter on writing for and about the internet.
- Tips for journalists, including reporting, handling breaking news and interviewing techniques.
- Tips for broadcasters, including handling audio, video, reading the news and writing for broadcast, as well as a comprehensive guide to hard-to-pronounce Canadian places.
- Tips for PR professionals, including writing press releases, holding conferences and working with the media.
Order online or contact our books department