The Canadian Press Stylebook
$36.95 | 18th edition | Published September 2017
James McCarten, Editor | ISBN 9780920009543
Available in English
If you want a down-to-earth writing style guide from Canada’s national news agency to follow the same standards used by media and communications professionals nationwide, turn to The Canadian Press Stylebook. It’s the one-stop reference book used by anyone looking for practical answers on writing cleanly, accurately and concisely, including:
- Corporate communicators
- Teachers and students
- Public relations writers
- Website producers
- Magazine writers and editors
A Canadian bestseller that includes:
- Easy-to-follow guidelines on capitalization, punctuation and abbreviations.
- Advice on how to write with style and colour, as well as good taste.
- Listings and spellings on countries and cities around the world.
- A chapter on writing for and about the internet.
- Tips for journalists, including reporting, handling breaking news and interviewing techniques.
- Tips for broadcasters, including handling audio, video, reading the news and writing for broadcast, as well as a comprehensive guide to hard-to-pronounce Canadian places.
- Tips for PR professionals, including writing press releases, holding conferences and working with the media.
Order online or contact our books department