Video categories and samples
Go beyond the world of text and captivate your audience with online video in various categories:
World news and Today in History
Sports and Entertainment/Lifestyle
Business and Technology
Browse video samples
Canadian Press video samples
AP video samples
Browse category descriptions
Canadian Press National: In th National news category, each news segment focuses on one story, either breaking news, spot news, sidebar stories or features. Canadian Press reporters in the field provide HD video from across the country. An average of eight national news clips are produced and made available on weekdays, and up to three on weekends.
AP Video Online: Summaries of top U.S. and international news stories covering topics including general news, politics, business and human interest stories.
AP International Video Select: Five to seven clips each weekday featuring top international news.
AP Today in History: Daily package covering highlights from the day in history.
Canadian Press Sports: Each one-to-two-minute clip provides an extended report on one sports story, produced and made available as stories break.
Canadian Press Entertainment/Lifestyle: Includes spot news clips providing an extended report on one entertainment or lifestyle story, produced and made available as stories break (topics may cover music, film, art, popular culture, food, travel, health, fashion, beauty and more). It also includes the following weekly features:
- Video@Home every Monday looks at the latest DVD, on demand and home video releases.
- New Music every Tuesday looks at the latest music releases.
- Culinary Coach every Tuesday provides tips to make you a better cook.
- Gaming Goods every Wednesday looks at the latest video game releases.
- Fresh Flicks every Friday looks at what films are opening at the box office.
- Tabloid Talk every weekend looks at the latest celebrity gossip.
- Next Big Thing every Friday looks at what’s flying under the radar in Entertainment.
- Pet Pointers every Friday provides tips for caring for your pet.
AP Sports: Brings the strength and depth of AP's dominance of U.S. sports news to video with two to three clips each weekday. Clips include a daily wrap of top sports stories, and feature pieces with interviews, analysis and opinion.
AP Celebrity Extra: Goes beyond the sound bite to reveal more about the people and personalities your audience wants, including celebrity interviews and profiles.
AP Entertainment Extra: Up to eight video packages each weekday, including breaking entertainment news and a daily Entertainment Minute wrap-up clip and a daily weekday feature clips:
- Television Week clips every Monday looking at the latest in TV news and a preview of program highlights.
- Music Week and DVD Week clips every Tuesday covering music reviews, the latest album and DVD releases and previews.
- Celebrities clips every Wednesday covering interviews with today's hottest stars along with celebrity news and gossip.
- Video Games clips every Thursday covering video game previews, reviews and "buzz-worthy" new releases.
- Movie Week clips every Friday of international showbiz news, reviews and interviews, with coverage of special events such as premieres, film festivals and award ceremonies.
Canadian Press Business: Each clip provides a report on one business story, produced and made available as stories break. Also includes a selection of weekly business videos, such a business lookahead looking at what to expect on the markets that week, and more evergreen features looking at money tips for consumers, people with interesting careers and pointers for job searchers or people looking to improve their career.
AP Business: Business Minute market wrap-up clip each weekday, plus at least three weekly feature clips covering the latest business news, trends and earning reports.
AP Tech: Four to five clips every Tuesday covering the latest technology news, from issues and trends in software and gadgets to discoveries in space and science.
AP Strange News: Four to five video clips each week covering “news of the weird” from local AP member stations and bureaus around the world.
La Presse Canadienne French News: At least four clips per weekday and two per weekend day reporting on a specific national, international, business, entertainment or sports story.
For more information and pricing, contact us today: